Favorites from today. I may or may not have resorted to tying my son to a chair with a sheet because we didn’t bring a highchair with us.
I had to upload this video because it captures the essence of Xanthe perfectly. This kid gives zero fucks, even about things she actually cares about. She used up her entire cup of animal food on these birds because she loved them so much, but the minute one got in her way she gave it the boot. She’s so calm about it too. I don’t even know.
My favourite photos from today.
Holiday in New Plymouth: Day Two
• It didn’t rain.
• We visited my grandparents and I tried to get photos but they came out blurry and Maurice was crying so I probably won’t be sharing them.
• I discovered that our holiday home does not supply dish washing liquid, dish washer tablets, laundry powder, coffee, or more than half a roll of toilet paper. There is cinnamon though. Two separate packets of cinnamon. They look like they’re at least 20 years old.
• The fishy scent we noticed lingering in the air last night was gone this morning, but reappeared once the sun started going down. I’m too scared to attempt to track the smell down.
• We went back to Pukekura Park this morning and the kids had a blast on the playground. We even went back a third time this afternoon (after Maurice had his nap) and checked out the animals at Brookland Zoo before taking a short bush walk.
• Maurice finally cut his fourth tooth and I’m looking forward to it catching up to his one big tooth up the top.
• I’m still tired.
This video makes me smile though. The husband offered to run back to the van for the umbrellas while the kids and I took shelter. What a gentleman.
I took two pictures today.
In the first no one wanted to look and/or smile at me. Briar was close to tears because the sun was in her eyes.
Five minutes later I captured the second image.
Easter Sunday: This is what my kids woke up to this morning. I love holidays.